I'm a philosopher at New York University. In Fall 2014 I'm a Visiting Associate Professor in New York, and from Spring 2015 will be an Associate Professor in Shanghai. Previously I was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy at The University of Rochester. Earlier still, I wrote a PhD under the direction of Huw Price at the Centre for Time, Department of Philosophy, University of Sydney.
- “A Partial Theory of Actual Causation”, in The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, forthcoming. [pdf]
- “Difference-Making, Closure and Exclusion”, in Helen Beebee, Chris Hitchcock and Huw Price (Eds), Making a Difference, Oxford University Press, Oxford, forthcoming. [pdf]
- “Statistical Mechanical Imperialism”, in Alastair Wilson (Ed), Chance and Temporal Asymmetry, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2014, pp. 241–257. [pdf]
- “Proportionality, Contrast and Explanation”, in Australasian Journal of Philosophy, vol. 91, no. 4, 2013, pp. 785–797. [pdf]
- “Explanatory Depth”, in Philosophy of Science, vol. 77, no. 2, apr 2010, pp. 273–294. [pdf]
- “The Time-Asymmetry of Causation” (with Huw Price), in Helen Beebee, Chris Hitchcock and Peter Menzies (Eds), Oxford Handbook of Causation, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009, pp. 414–443. [pdf]
|Department of Philosophy|
5 Washington Place
New York, ny
- “Selection, Drift, and Causal Explanation” [PDF], Explanation Beyond Causation, Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 23-24 oct.
- “Why Think Causally?”, Causation: A Workshop with Ned Hall, Universität zu Köln, 10 nov.
- Mental Causation: Old Problems, New Solutions?, Center for Logic and Analytic Philosophy, Institute of Philosophy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 20–21 nov.